Mount Washington, KY
- Year: 1965
- Model: Super Sport
- Paint Color: Crocus Yellow
- Wheel Size: 15" front & rear
- Tire Size: Front 165-80R15 Rear 29X15.50-15
- Engine: 350
- Transmission: Muncie 4 speed
- Rear End: (ratio): 410
- Front Suspension: stock with all Moog parts.
- Rear Suspension: custom leaf spring narrowed and mini wheel tub.
- Brakes: drum front and rear.
- Exhaust / Headers: Flowmaster with chassies headers
- GM Classic & Chevy 2 Only Parts: Seat covers, carpet, wiring harness, and all interior items, Super Sport trim and all moldings, headlight doors, bumpers NOS quarters NOS fenders, Chevy 2Only supplies all the hard to find parts that I needed even nuts and bolts.
My 1965 SS Nova started out as a pile of parts and a totally disassembled car. It was a project that someone started and didn't finish. A friend of mine helped me pick the car up, it was a good thing my dad worked nights, the car came with parts from two parts cars. I totally filled my dad’s garage with all the parts. There was stuff everywhere! The good thing was that dad let me keep the car. I could not believe it! I had to relocate many of the parts to my grandmothers farm but that was alright with me.
I started by getting my new Nova running, put a donor engine from my `70 nova and started taking the car to local cruises. The car needed one of everything so I started collecting better doors and fenders. I eventually located NOS fenders and Quarters. I had been working with my uncle David in the body shop so I was able to do all the work myself. I had big plans for the car and knew exactly how I wanted it to look and sound like. I wanted to have the car that everyone would stop and look at. A real head turner.
I found the correct buckets and console and all the super sport trim. I wanted to keep my back seat and also wanted bid tires. So, I made a custom chassis for the car and put the big tires on it. I wanted something that I could drive anywhere. This car has been on long trips and does great - it was made to drive and that is what I do with it.
More recently, I have started restoration work on my first car, a 1970 Nova. I also have a 1963 Station wagon with a 3rd seat.
Special thanks to:
my dad: Marcelase Fugate and my unlce: David Chadwell.